Women's Basketball - Director of Operations
Responsible for assisting the Women's Basketball sport program in a variety of functions that include but not limited to recruiting, video operations, and player development. Serves as liaison between the sport program and all GCU departments and outside agencies. The individual is expected to abide by all conference, professional certification requirements, GCU and NCAA regulations. This position demands honesty, integrity and the ability to work within the Christian mission of GCU. The individual works under general supervision of the Head Coach.
- Manages all areas of recruiting and oversees all administrative recruiting duties for the appropriate sport program in the Intercollegiate Athletics Department at Grand Canyon University.
- Coordinates all on-campus or off campus recruiting functions, responds to all public inquires and questions about the sport program regarding recruitment and regularly informs coaching staff about all recruiting activities and initiatives.
- Assists the staff in developing relationships within the local community as well as youth coaches including high school, prep school, junior college, and club.
- Coordinates other functions as directed by the Head Coach.
- Assists with special video and or administrative projects and support as assigned by the Head Coach
- Assists and executes development of programs to assist student-athletes’ transition into the GCU collegiate experience
- Liaisons with all necessary university departments to ensure the program and student-athlete needs are addressed as they relate to academic advising, housing, admissions, sports information, campus recreation, compliance, athletic training, facilities/event management, and strength and conditioning.
- Coordinates student-athlete development initiatives and community service activities.
- Assists with coordination of camps and clinics to ensure maximum participation.
- Organizes and secures all logistics for team and visiting team transportation, lodging, and meals and collaborates with the opponent’s institution to secure practice time and other on-site facility needs.
- Coordinates the scheduling of facilities for practice, game day shoot-a-rounds, and out-of-season workouts
- Assists with any logistics or administrative needs for special events hosted by University Athletics
- Assists with assigned projects initiatives which may involve practices, games, individual sessions, and weight room areas.
- Makes recommendations and executes improvements to GCU program’s usage of software and other technical developmental tools that will enhance athlete performance
- Performs all other duties as assigned to contribute to the success of the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Experience as student athlete and/or coach in the sport
- Minimum of two years’ experience in organizing and managing projects and/or activities is required; preferably in athletics department for Division I school.
- Must be able to pass pre employment background check
- Able to travel with team which may require overnights and weekends
- Able to work evening hours and weekends
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.