Vivarium Coordinator - College of Science, Engineering & Technology
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Vivarium Coordinator.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance concerning work methods, the use of equipment and techniques and the analysis of results for the faculty and students for the assigned lab courses; answers questions and assists with lab experiment to demonstrate proper use of equipment and/or simulation steps.
- Reviews, tests, evaluates equipment and methodology. Works with lab manager or supervisor if modifications are necessary.
- Performs the timely preparation of materials, chemicals, and equipment for use in student laboratory demonstrations, experiments, exercises and exams.
- Performs specialized and technical duties to assure efficient lab operations
- Complies with safety regulations and procedures in lab set up.
- Complies with proper storage, handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Provides feedback on changes/updates to curriculum experiments to lab manager or supervisor.
- Receives shipments and reconciles order against required purchase order; stocks materials according to established protocols.
- Assists with assembly and installation of new equipment or instruments; assists with testing to ensure operational readiness.
- Serves as support to faculty with classroom materials, e.g., set up of videos, etc.; collaborates with subject matter faculty for their assigned courses to ensure labs meet needed learning requirements.
- Follows up on waivers
- Documents safety, accident and other incidents according to established reporting protocols.
- Prepares various records and reports related to laboratory operations and activities as required.
- Performs other duties as needed/assigned to support successful lab operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in assigned lab discipline and minimum 2 years’ experience in lab operations
- Experience in the development and delivery of laboratory programs, including reagents, supplies and other materials that would be necessary to sustain a diverse college laboratory program.
- Experience in operating, maintaining and repairing analytical instruments in a lab and stockroom setting.
- Experience in implementing policies and procedures to comply with environment, health and safety regulations.