Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCU’s staff or faculty expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a new Video Editor. This role will focus on visually telling the many stories of the Grand Canyon University brand through brand commercials, student focused testimonials and other video story telling techniques that can be shared on GCU’s social platforms and through broadcast. By using an array of multi-media tools and platforms, the editor creates and produces high-quality, multi-media assets that can be distributed through a variety of digital outlets including national media as a means to market to prospective students, current students, alumni and other relevant audiences and thereby creating brand awareness among these audiences. The position works closely with the Creative Director, DP and Senior Marketing manager to produce and edit all things video.
The video editor is responsible for all post production tasks including; reviewing RAW footage, creating offline rough cuts, audio adjustment, online finishing, color correction, and motions graphics using Premiere Pro or Final Cut. The finished product will be in the correct suitable CODEC for broadcast commercials.
- Participates and develops creative solutions for addressing University branding/marketing initiatives through audio-visual assets.
- Responsible for executing each asset as provided by Creative Director.
- Works closely with an internal producer, determines content and format before production.
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio material while creating compelling and visually interesting products; observes brand standards, ensures consistency and relevancy to production; monitors technical quality of end product; creates photo galleries and slideshows with audio when needed.
- Produces, edits and distributes media content as required which may include photographs, motion pictures, motion graphics, animation, audio and music.
- Works overtime, evening, holidays or weekend hours in order to complete assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ working experience in creating and executing cinematic visualizations.
- Work Experience must include professional commercial broadcast experience
- Full video with audio post production knowledge and capabilities including encoding and compression skills
- Possesses a keen eye for space, timing and movement aesthetics.
- Ability to apply advanced editing, motion graphics and animation skills
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and principles of editing trends and techniques, motion after-effect, photo editing, and image manipulation; including layout, typography, color, balance and composition.
- Demonstrated artistic and creative abilities in creating compelling and/or visually interesting compositions with regard to video post-production and images
- Experience with motion graphics a plus
- Experience in operating SLRs (single lens reflex), Video Cameras, EFP, sound recording equipment, composing sequential shots, editing.
- Experience with file types of high end cameras (RED Weapon Dragon or ARRI Alexa) Aware of different cameras, compressions, LUTs, etc.
- Experience with digital workflows for images and videos
- Experience with Premiere or Final Cut Pro (Premiere preferred).
- Knowledge of live streaming platforms like Limelight, YouTube, Google+ Hangouts.
- Willing to work various hours and days of the week as necessary.
- Willing to travel, approximately 25% of the time.
- Reliable transportation in order to drive to and from various off-site locations.
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.