Grand Canyon University is seeking a University Counsel to assist the General Counsel with legal and regulatory issues, provide legal advice on a wide array of business issues to Senior Leadership, Administrative Officers, Academic Deans, Faculty, and Staff, on legal matters involving or affecting the University and its divisions.
- Assists in a variety of legal issues impacting the University, including regulatory compliance, licensing and accreditation, nonprofit compliance, corporate governance, litigation and risk management matters.
- Assist with the drafting, review and negotiation of University-wide contracts and prepares other related legal documents, as necessary.
- Assists with the timely review and resolution of third-party claims, including those received from certain federal, state and other regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Assists the General Counsel in the representation of the University in all legal actions, including regular contact with outside counsel.
- Provides legal advice and counsel, expertise and leadership to GCU relating to all aspects of the University.
- Supervises and manages the provision of legal services from time to time, either personnel or external counsel, to meet the strategic objectives of the University; actively manages legal issues to minimize risk and costs for the University.
- Ensures that compliance procedures, legal policies and documentation are in place to support the University from a financial and regulatory perspective; monitors the effectiveness of legal risk controls and identifies and remedies control gaps.
- Juris Doctor or LL.B. from an accredited institution with an excellent academic record.
- Licensed to practice law in the state of Arizona, Bar admission and in good standing.
- Minimum 5 years’ in-house legal experience including substantial experience working in contracts, litigation management, employment law, and governance.
- Prior experience in a highly regulated industry such as post-secondary education is preferred.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.