Grand Canyon University is seeking a Treasury Analyst. Working under general supervision, the Treasury Analyst is responsible for ensuring an efficient banking structure to support our expanding operations. This position will be responsible for cash management activities and will interact with internal stakeholders and external partners as funding sources and banking activities change. The Treasury Analyst will continually seek to build efficiencies and improve processes and procedures to continue to build the treasury infrastructure that supports the Company's growth. Additionally, the Treasury Analyst is responsible for the management of debt financings while collaborating with various internal and external parties to utilize the most cost-effective approach to meet the Company’s financing needs. The Treasury Analyst is responsible for numerous post-issuance requirements related to the management of outstanding debt pursuant to regulatory requirements, debt monitoring and forecasting, calculating bond covenant ratios, preparing various required reports, etc. Additional responsibilities include other financial compliance calculations such as the Department of Education composite score and IPEDs. May participate in budget planning processes and monitoring capital expenditures. Incumbent must quickly learn the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which includes familiarity of other departments.
- Assists in preparing and managing various phases of debt financing including bond sizing, debt structuring, official statement preparation, development and review for legal compliance.
- Responsible for post-issuance bond and general debt reporting, covenant calculations and other related compliance matters.
- Works closely with bond counsel, underwriters, insurers, investors, consultants, and rating agencies regarding debt issuance and compliance; assists in the development and implementation of debt management policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform ongoing investor and management reporting of executed securitization transactions and contractual debt obligations
- Provide support for additional capital raises and debt offerings, including review of transaction related documentation.
- Responsible for calculating and forecasting the Department of Education Financial Composite Score.
- Banking administration activities including establishing new accounts, account reviews, research requests, etc.
- Daily cash management activities including investment activities of excess cash.
- Liquidity monitoring and reporting.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury and finance activities
- Contribute to the cash management strategy and support the cash forecasting process
- Participate in various audit processes (i.e. external, bank, internal)
- Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops; may participate on committees and task forces as required; may make presentations to various groups and individuals.
- Prepare schedules required for audited financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Prepares and delivers ad hoc reports and handles other projects as assigned.
- Stays abreast of current trends, government regulatory environments, technology and GCU policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years of experience in financial modeling and financial analysis, preferably in a government, municipal, or local agency that included some responsibility for managing financial transactions and/or issuance of bonds.
- Advanced Excel skills, including extensive experience building financial models, preferred.
- Ability to represent the organization professionally and to cultivate and maintain relationships with funding and capital partners.
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to share knowledge and information at different levels of the organization
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles preferred.
- Experience at an educational institution and/or nonprofit preferred.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Free Covered parking, access to campus activity center and onsite gym
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!