Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University’s travel department is seeking a full time Travel Counselor. This position will report to the Travel Manager and work Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of maintaining the corporate travel program for the university.
- Advise, research, book, and manage hotel, air, and car rental for GCU. Work to ensure travel is arranged efficiently and effectively for all including groups and athletics.
- Communicate with traveler or internal customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required all while assuring traveler satisfaction.
- Ensure implementation of cost saving measures through negotiation with travel service provider, arrangement of the most economic route, and appropriate itinerary.
- Create, maintain, and update traveler profilers
- Coordinate ground transportation via third parties as needed
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Travel Policy and Procedures
- Network with industry professionals and remain current with travel industry operations
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Some college required, Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ athletic team or extensive groups booking experience with Native Sabre GDS.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Minimum of 5 years’ travel industry relevant experience.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Must have the ability to use critical thinking skills.
- Extensive experience with car, hotel and air reservations.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Self-motivated with sound reasoning and judgment.
- Strong customer service skills with good communications skills and ability to work effectively with culturally-diverse individuals.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), and ability to work with software databases in a web-based environment, create and retrieve reports.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, continually changing work environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to complete work within prescribed time constraints and meet deadlines
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.