Grand Canyon University is seeking a Test Proctor. This position will be located on the Travis Air Force Base. The Test Proctor will provide support services to ensure compliance with regulatory standards for all creating a secure, supportive testing environment.
- Provides high quality customer service, reception, and accurate intake for all exam candidates for the designated Testing Center.
- Utilizes professional proctoring procedures to support a secure exam environment. These procedures will vary depending on the designated testing center.
- Administers and processes online exams, department make up exams, special accommodation exams and other external exams as assigned.
- Follows all exam security protocol at all times.
- Maintains credentials necessary to administer any high-stakes certification examinations. This requires the completion of any annual qualifications exams and maintains certification by consistently following exam protocol.
- Ensures a safe and supportive learning environment by complying all governing regulatory guidelines, be they departmental or outside regulatory bodies.
- Assists in troubleshooting basic technology problems affective exam administration.
- Assists with basic clerical work, data entry and other support projects as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining exam center in a professional ready state, e.g., maintaining needed equipment, furniture and overall state of exam center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Must be willing to have flexible work schedule; evening and weekend hours if needed.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Ability to use varying styles, approaches, skills and techniques that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multi-cultural workplace.
- Able to consistently demonstrate high quality customer service.
- Basic computer proficiency in use of computer and Microsoft applications.
- Provide a positive candidate experience.
- Ability to discern exam taking potential violations and escalate to management as necessary.
- Ability to handle issues when exam candidates need to be dismissed from exam as a result of wrongful behavior.
- Must be able to obtain certifications required based upon the designated exam center’s requirements.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and also escort candidates to and from testing room.
- Must be comfortable in a quiet testing environment, hear soft voices and see details from a distance.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.