Grand Canyon University is seeking a Test Proctor. This position will be located on the US military base Fort Irwin. The Test Proctor will provide support services to ensure compliance with regulatory standards for all creating a secure, supportive testing environment.
- Provides high quality customer service, reception, and accurate intake for all exam candidates for the designated Testing Center.
- Utilizes professional proctoring procedures to support a secure exam environment. These procedures will vary depending on the designated testing center.
- Administers and processes online exams, department make up exams, special accommodation exams and other external exams as assigned.
- Follows all exam security protocol at all times.
- Maintains credentials necessary to administer any high-stakes certification examinations. This requires the completion of any annual qualifications exams and maintains certification by consistently following exam protocol.
- Ensures a safe and supportive learning environment by complying all governing regulatory guidelines, be they departmental or outside regulatory bodies.
- Assists in troubleshooting basic technology problems affective exam administration.
- Assists with basic clerical work, data entry and other support projects as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining exam center in a professional ready state, e.g., maintaining needed equipment, furniture and overall state of exam center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Must be willing to have flexible work schedule; evening and weekend hours if needed.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Ability to use varying styles, approaches, skills and techniques that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multi-cultural workplace.
- Able to consistently demonstrate high quality customer service.
- Basic computer proficiency in use of computer and Microsoft applications.
- Provide a positive candidate experience.
- Ability to discern exam taking potential violations and escalate to management as necessary.
- Ability to handle issues when exam candidates need to be dismissed from exam as a result of wrongful behavior.
- Must be able to obtain certifications required based upon the designated exam center’s requirements.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and also escort candidates to and from testing room.
- Must be comfortable in a quiet testing environment, hear soft voices and see details from a distance.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.