Student Teacher Supervision - Site Supervisor - Special Education - College of Education - Mobile, AL
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a Student Teacher Supervisor for the College of Education. Whether students are looking to start or advance their career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas including early childhood education, elementary education, and secondary education degrees, TESOL and special education .
Please note: this position will start as remote, but could potentially go back to in person supervisions. You must be willing to complete both on site and remote visitations (4 visits per contract)
- Must be in the area of Mobile, AL
- Must be within driving distance to the provided site location.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating school.
- Verify attendance and placement of Teacher Candidate in appropriate setting.
- Complete 4 formal observations of the Teacher Candidate.
- Analyze and critique immediately after each observation, identifying specific strengths and refinements, utilizing professional oral and written expression.
- Collaborate with Cooperating Teacher
- Act as a counselor to the Teacher Candidate by providing adequate individual conference time after each observation.
- Provide effective communication with the Cooperating Teacher, Teacher Candidate, and Office of Field Experience.
- Act as a resource person to the Teacher Candidate by providing additional sources of information and by being available through phone or e-mail contact, cooperatively deriving workable solutions if difficulties arise.
- Keep adequate records on the Teacher Candidate.
- Be knowledgeable about the assessment instrument and accurate evaluation
- procedures, allowing ample time for observation and assessment.
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in Education
- A valid Educator's certification with an Educational Administration endorsement
- Expertise in Education, in-class teaching, teaching methods, legalities of teaching Minimum of 2-3 years of educator experience
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.