Student Teacher Supervision - IN PERSON - contracts located in Memphis, TN - College of Education
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a Student Teacher Supervisor for the College of Education. Whether students are looking to start or advance their career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas including early childhood education, elementary education, and secondary education degrees, TESOL and special education .
- Complete formal observations of the Student Teacher Candidate.
- Analyze and critique immediately after each observation, identifying specific strengths and refinements, utilizing professional oral and written expression.
- Be knowledgeable about the assessment instrument and accurate evaluation procedures, allowing ample time for observation and assessment.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating school and/or district. Maintain effective communication with the Cooperating Teacher and Office of Field Experience.
- Act as a resource person to the Student Teacher Candidate by providing additional sources of information and by being available through phone or mandatory weekly email personal contact, and cooperatively deriving workable solutions if difficulties arise.
- Provide information on the development and implementation of future professional plans.
- Encourage responsibility and creativity in the student teaching experience.
- Keep adequate records on the Student Teacher Candidate.
- Provide knowledge about evaluation procedures.
- Create and maintain a professional, friendly relationship with the Student Teacher Candidate and the Cooperating Teacher.
- Master's Degree in Education or Master’s Degree in Teaching, Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Leadership, Special Education, or related field.
- AND Current and Valid State Teacher Certification/License
- AND Minimum 3 years teaching
- Must be able to drive to Snowden School and either have a SPED background or be a principal or superintendent.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Current and Valid State Teacher Certification/License
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000044831