Student Ministry Coordinator
Grand Canyon University’s Office of Spiritual Life is currently seeking a Student Ministry Coordinator to
coordinate the recruitment, training, development, and oversight of the Life Leader program.
- Supports and carries out the vision and mission of the Life Leader program.
- Reports to the Life Leader Manager, and executes given responsibilities such as service projects, marketing strategies, speaking engagements, etc.
- Participates in the interview and selection process for the Life Leader program.
- Coordinates the training of student leaders during August training and throughout the school year.
- Maintains reports relating to the Life Leader program, such as chapel attendance, GPA requirements, and other reports pertaining to the Life Leader students.
- Coordinates effective communication methods within the Life Leader program.
- Meets directly with a portion of Head Life Leaders in order to lead them as they mentor other student leaders.
- Participates in various Spiritual Life Department projects outside of the Life Leader program when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree, ministry-related degree program preferred.
- 1-3 years ministry experience, preferably with college and smalls groups.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of personnel.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.