Store Manager - Grand Canyon Beverage Company
Grand Canyon Beverage Company (GCBC) is seeking a Store Manager. The store manager is responsible for the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both customers and team members.
- Ensures daily operations consistently achieve positive cash flow.
- Ensure through constant observation that team members are delivering excellent customer service and engaging customers to ensure repeat business.
- Ensures proper retail coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs; ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt team members and youth employment.
- Recommends ideas for promotions, merchandising, special events, utilization of retail space.
- Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures to train and lead the retail team members.
- Ensures all team members are trained in cash handling procedures.
- Executes retail/merchandising plans.
- Executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
- Trains all team members in food handling protocols and safety.
- Is the role model for outstanding service.
- Handles customer complaints to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Inspires the retail team members to be passionate about customer service.
- Ensures all drink recipes are followed to ensure consistency in brand and optimization of inventoried supplies.
- Ensures all food and store wastage is handled according to all OSHA and Food Safety requirements.
- Follows appropriate product expiration handling and disposal.
- Monitors drink and food products on a per shift, rotating basis, for quality assurance.
- Ensures all retail team members are educated on products and services, e.g., by developing an understanding of the various elements of coffee, its heritage, regions of growth, taste.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prefer a minimum of one year customer service experience in retail operations.
- Team lead experience preferred.
- Knowledge of retail management principles and practices.
- Entrepreneurial mentality with experience in a sales/customer service focused environment
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and evenings.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.