Statistics - Adjunct Faculty - Online (Remote) - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences employs faculty and faculty leaders who are passionate about engaging and mentoring students. Our faculty are energetic advisors who are committed to helping our students grow academically, spiritually, and personally. They are experts in their respective fields, in addition to being passionate educators and collaborators who help enhance the college experience for all students.
If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Why Work at GCU:
- Tuition benefits specifically for the adjunct employee
- Employee Perks and Discounts
Course: Probability and Statistics
This course provides an introduction to the study of basic probability, descriptive and inferential statistics, and decision making. Emphasis is placed on measures of central tendency and dispersion, correlation, regression, discrete and continuous probability distributions, quality control population parameter estimation, and hypothesis testing.
Candidates may be approved to teach the following courses as well: Applications of College Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, Mathematics and Technology through Time, Brief Calculus, Calculus and Analytic Geometry I, and Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate weekly main discussion forums to engage students in the online classroom
- Adhere to weekly grading requirements, deadlines, and timeframes
- Respond to students’ questions and emails within the established timeframes
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What You Will Bring:
- PhD in Statistics OR
- Master’s in Statistics
- Exceptions may be granted to individuals with a Master’s in any field with 9 graduate credits in Statistics AND has substantial teaching experience
Before submitting your application, please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcript reflecting degree earned with 9 graduate credit hours in the areas listed above
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees
#gcu #highered #faculty #remote #onlinefaculty #mathematics #statistics