State Compliance Project Manager - Nursing
Grand Canyon University’s department of State Compliance and Accreditation is seeking a full time State Compliance Administrator, Nursing. This position is responsible for ensuring the University’s compliance with accreditation standards and programmatic licensure requirements.
The State Compliance Administrator, Nursing reports to the State Compliance Manager. This position is responsible for ensuring the University’s compliance with state nursing regulations, nursing accreditation standards, and programmatic licensure requirements, The Administrator will serve as the point of contact to state regulatory entities and as the subject matter expert on selected, relevant state regulations. In addition, the Administrator will assist the colleges and University in maintaining compliance with programmatic and regional accrediting standards.
- Provides point-of-contact leadership and customer service to designated state agencies
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on the relevant regulations in assigned states
- Serves as a liaison between the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions and regulatory agencies
- Provides guidance to internal stakeholders regarding the impact of regulatory requirements on business objectives
- Establishes and maintains excellent communication and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes concerning regulatory compliance obligations and strategic business objectives
- Executes the licensing processes for programs and recruitment staff, which includes, but is not limited to: researching, documenting and updating licensing requirements for assigned states to ensure organizational compliance with all licensing obligations
- Analyzes and interprets regulations, policy and guidance related to licensure and certification requirements for ongoing organizational compliance and in response to specific inquiries posed by business partners
- Researches, gathers, and helps interpret federal and state regulations, including but not limited to the regulations of state boards of nursing, state departments of education, state counseling boards, and state authorization agency regulations
- Prepares, analyzes, audits, and submits data required to meet regulatory obligations
- Collaborates with department heads and internal business partners to ensure compliance requirements are communicated and implemented across the organization
- Maintains record of relevant data related to the organization’s regulatory compliance (ex. communications, approvals, authorizations, special requirements, renewal dates, regulatory changes, operational decisions, and regulatory interpretations
- Assists College Deans, program directors, and University staff with activities related to maintaining institutional and programmatic accreditations
- Provides research and information for University programs that may lead to licensure and certification and responds to inquiries for planning and enrollment purposes
- Provides support to teams responsible for resolving student issues related to credentialing
- Monitors and revises language for the University’s student-facing documents to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree required
- 3 - 5 years working directly with nursing regulations
- Subject-matter expertise in nursing licensure
- Experience working in cross-departmental collaborative teams
- Demonstrable record of ethical behavior, integrity, initiative, and resilience.
- Evidence of strong time management and organizational skills
- Evidence of being self-directed, ability to work under little supervision
- Evidence of good critical thinking, judgment and problem solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex information to regulators and staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor at all times in dealing with a wide variety of internal and external contacts including representatives of regulatory agencies and members of the academic or business communities
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.