State Compliance Administrator - Remote
Grand Canyon University’s State Compliance department is seeking an experienced, energetic State Compliance Administrator. Reporting to the State Compliance Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the University’s compliance with GCU’s state authorizations, state VA approval agency applications, and disclosures related to professional licensure programs.
The State Compliance Administrator provides project management assistance to support the University’s state authorization process and a broad range of regulatory activities related to ensuring ongoing compliance with NC-SARA requirements, state authorization standards, and professional licensure disclosures.
Working independently with limited supervision, this individual completes state authorization applications, submits annual reports, conducts research related to regulatory requirements, new program development, and ongoing professional licensure disclosures in support of the University’s compliance with state authorization, NC-SARA, and other regulatory entities. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert on selected, relevant state regulations and professional licensure standards. The State Compliance Administrator must excel at managing conflicting priorities, adhering to strict deadlines. This role conducts analytical studies on authorization and program approval processes, researches state-specific legislation and policies, leads complex compliance projects, interprets the impact of regulations on existing policies and procedures, and provides accurate information related to professional licensure standards.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on state authorization standards, policies, and processes
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on state laws related to professional licensure for designated program areas (ex. Nursing, Counseling, or Education)
- Submits applications for new and continuing authorizations and program approvals
- Maintains disclosure requirements for professional licensure and certification in the designated subject area (ex. Nursing, Counseling, or Education)
- Provides point-of-contact leadership and customer service to designated state agencies
- Manages data, documentation, and communication required for state authorization compliance.
- Researches, gathers, and interprets federal and state regulations
- Establishes and maintains excellent communication and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes concerning regulatory compliance obligations and strategic business objectives
- Analyzes, interprets, and provides guidance related to regulations and policy related to state authorization and professional licensure requirements for ongoing organizational compliance and in response to specific inquiries posed by business partners
- Prepares, analyzes, audits, and submits data required to meet regulatory obligations
- Collaborates with academic program managers and internal business partners to ensure compliance requirements are communicated and implemented across the organization
- Maintains a record of relevant data related to the organization’s regulatory compliance (ex. communications, approvals, renewal dates, regulatory changes, operational decisions, and regulatory interpretations)
- Provides support to teams responsible for resolving student issues related to licensure issues
- Monitors and revises language for the University’s student-facing documents to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Bachelor degree required
- Evidence of project management experience
- Experience working in cross-departmental collaborative teams
- Demonstrable record of ethical behavior, integrity, initiative, and resilience
- Evidence of strong time management and organizational skills
- Evidence of being self-directed, ability to work under little supervision
- Evidence of good critical thinking, judgment, and problem solving
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills with the ability to communicate complex information to regulators and staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office applications
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Master's degree highly preferred
- 3 - 5 years working directly with higher education state authorization entities or professional licensure agencies
- Subject-matter expertise in state authorization processes
- Subject-matter expertise in state licensure standards in an area relevant to GCU’s program offerings (ex. nursing, teacher preparation, counseling)
#remote #immediate #statecompliance #compliance #projectmanagement