State Compliance Administrator - Education
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you have a passion for project management, providing guidance related to regulations, policy and compliance? The Office of Academic Compliance and Regulation is seeking an experienced, energetic State Compliance Administrator, Education. Reporting to the State Compliance Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the University’s compliance with GCU’s state authorizations, state VA approval agency applications, and disclosures related to professional licensure programs. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
Location: Main Campus, 33rd and Camelback
What you will do:
- Provides project management assistance and is a subject matter expert on teacher certification requirements supporting the University’s state authorization process and a broad range of regulatory activities related to ensuring ongoing compliance with NC-SARA requirements, state authorization standards, and teacher certification professional licensure disclosures.
- Provides point-of-contact leadership and customer service to internal and external stakeholders as well as designated state agencies.
- Manages data, documentation, and communication required for state authorization compliance.
- Analyzes, interprets, and provides guidance related to regulations and policy related to state authorization and professional licensure requirements for ongoing organizational compliance and in response to specific inquiries posed by business partners.
- Provides support to teams responsible for resolving student issues related to licensure issues.
What you need:
- Bachelors degree; Masters degree preferred
- Project management experience.
- Strong time management, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills with the ability to communicate complex information to regulators and staff.
- Preferred experience working directly with teacher certification agencies or higher education state authorization entities.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000046554