State Compliance Administrator - Education
Grand Canyon University’s department of State Compliance and Accreditation is seeking a full time State Compliance Administrator, Education. This position is responsible for ensuring the University’s compliance with state educator preparation and teacher certification regulations, educator preparation program accreditation standards, and programmatic licensure requirements.
The State Compliance Administrator, Education reports to the Director of Compliance and Accreditation and provides management and assistance for a broad range of regulatory activities related to ensuring ongoing compliance with state department of education requirements and educator preparation program accreditation standards. Through the completion of state applications, annual reports, accreditation self-studies, research of regulatory requirements, and other duties supporting the University’s compliance with state department of education standards, the State Compliance Administrator, Education will serve as a point of contact to state departments of education and as a subject matter expert on selected, relevant state regulations and accreditation standards. In addition, the Administrator will assist the colleges and University in maintaining compliance with programmatic and regional accrediting standards.
- Provides point-of-contact leadership and customer service to designated state departments of education and related state agencies
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on the relevant teacher certification standards
- Researches, gathers, and helps interpret federal and state regulations, including but not limited to the regulations of state departments of education
- Establishes and maintains excellent communication and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes concerning regulatory compliance obligations and strategic business objectives
- Assists College Deans, program directors, and University staff with activities related to maintaining institutional and programmatic accreditations
- Analyzes, interprets, and provides guidance related to regulations and policy related to educator licensure and certification requirements for ongoing organizational compliance and in response to specific inquiries posed by business partners
- Executes the licensing processes for teacher preparation programs in states outside of Arizona, which includes, but is not limited to: researching, documenting and updating licensing requirements for assigned states to ensure organizational compliance with regulatory obligations
- Prepares, analyzes, audits, and submits data required to meet regulatory obligations
- Collaborates with academic program managers and internal business partners to ensure compliance requirements are communicated and implemented across the organization
- Maintains record of relevant data related to the organization’s regulatory compliance (ex. communications, approvals, renewal dates, regulatory changes, operational decisions, and regulatory interpretations)
- Provides support to teams responsible for resolving student issues related to credentialing
- Monitors and revises language for the University’s student-facing documents to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Bachelor degree required
- Experience working in cross-departmental collaborative teams
- Demonstrable record of ethical behavior, integrity, initiative, and resilience
- Evidence of strong time management and organizational skills
- Evidence of being self-directed, ability to work under little supervision
- Evidence of good critical thinking, judgment and problem solving
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex information to regulators and staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office applications
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Master degree highly preferred
- 3 - 5 years working directly with teacher certification or educator preparation programs
- Subject-matter expertise in state standards for academic programs for teaching professions
- Subject-matter expertise in state licensure standards for teaching professions
- Subject-matter expertise in Subject-matter expertise in educator preparation program accreditation standards (i.e. CAEP, AAQEP)
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.