Standardized Patient Level II
Grand Canyon University’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is hiring for a Standardized Patient Level II. The Standardized Patient is a trained individual who can accurately and consistently portray the history, personality, physical findings, emotional structure and response pattern of an actual patient, family member, health care provider, or needed role at a particular point in time. A Standardized Patient must be able to provide individualized feedback on interpersonal and clinical skills to a GCU Faculty member.
Training will be provided based on what examinations are to occur. Standardized patients must pass the required patient competencies before being deployed as a standardized patient.
- All essential duties performed by Standardized Patient Level I
- Portray all aspects of the male patient scenario, including history of current problem, affect/behavior and physical findings in a standardized, accurate, and reliable manner for prostate examination. (Male)
- Portray all aspects of the female patient scenario, including history of current problem, affect/behavior and physical findings in a standardized, accurate, and reliable manner for pelvic examination. (Female)
- Teach, assess, and provide feedback to learners about accurate pelvic, rectal and/or breast examination techniques. (Female)
- Teach, assess, and provide feedback to learners about accurate urogenital and rectal examination techniques. (Male)
- Address the communication skills needed to provide a comfortable exam in a standardized manner, while using their bodies as teaching tools in a supportive, non-threatening environment.
- Basic computer skills for email communication, document printing, and checklist documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to agree to a flexible schedule of scheduled appointments, some may require evening appointments.
- Must be able to travel to scheduled facility reliably
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must pass a pre-health physical exam.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.