Standardized Patient for Nurse Practitioner Students - Advanced Role
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at Grand Canyon University is currently seeking part time Standardized Patients. A Standardized Patient is a trained individual who can accurately and consistently portray the history, personality, physical findings, emotional structure and response pattern of an actual patient, family member, health care provider, or needed role at a particular point in time. A Standardized Patient must be able to provide individualized feedback on interpersonal and clinical skills to nurse practitioner students and GCU Faculty.
Standardized patients must pass the required patient competencies before being deployed as a standardized patient. Training will be provided. Standardized Patient 2 role, provides advanced opportunities for student learning by offering more focused physical exams. These exams are done with fully trained nurse practitioner faculty in the room with the SP and the student. More information on the type of exam will be given at the time of the interview.
What we are offering:
- Part time opportunity with a flexible schedule
- $20/hr as an SP1 and $40/hr as an SP2
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
- Multiple positions available
What you will do:
- Portray all aspects of the patient scenario, including history of current problem, affect/behavior, and physical findings in a standardized, accurate, and reliable manner.
- Provide written and face-to-face verbal feedback to the student and supervising faculty member
- Accept ongoing feedback and incorporate that feedback into case simulation
- Respond to e-mails in a timely fashion and be relied upon to keep scheduled appointments
What you need:
- High School Diploma
- Reliable transportation with the ability to travel to the campus at 33rd Ave and Camelback Rd.
- Have TB clearance card or be willing and able to obtain and pass a TB test at the GCU Health Center upon accepting the position
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
#parttime #part-time #actor #patient #acting #GCU #artist #actress