Sponsorship Activation Manager
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Sponsorship Activation Manager. This position is responsible for the successful and timely implementation of contractual elements pertaining to Grand Canyon University partners. This position is responsible for activating the sponsorship agreed upon activities, game-day activations, special events, recapping partnerships, calculating overall value of partnerships, and reporting results.
- Collaborate with event services and marketing to ensure offsite events are executed flawlessly; responsible for attending all events to serve as informational resource
- Collaborate with requisite departments (marketing, athletic, etc.) to develop promotional materials (printed material, brochures, promotional items) to utilize in "branding" visits
- Develop operational processes for communications to create GCU staff awareness of external business partners
- Hire a student worker team to assist in prospecting and setting up visits and other administrative/logistic tasks.
- Create and implement formalized process around all aspects of partner activation (on- boarding of new partners, off-season/in-season communication, pre-season planning, account management, billing, special requests, etc.)Manage assigned Corporate Partnership accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Support the sponsorship team in achieving sales goals by managing all sponsor deliverables from planning, through execution, to debrief
- Provide support to sponsorship sales including the creation and maintenance of CRM, spreadsheets, contacting clients, etc.
- Manage and track all costs/expenses associated with each assigned account. Build and maintain budgets for all special events.
- Fulfill client ticket/parking requests
- Process invoices, check requests, and purchase orders as necessary.
- Plan and execute on-site and off-site client hospitality/activations/promotions.
- Responsible for coordination and set up of game-day/Event partnership elements
- Meet and greet corporate partners participating in game-day/events
- Manage and assist in-game promotions as needed
- Produce Sales Proposals, Marketing Summaries, and Proof of Performance reports for growing client list. Includes photography and data collection throughout the season.
- Learn and utilize Demographic Tools and Media Valuation Tools as necessary and requested.
- Other duties as needed to ensure successful events and activation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution, preferably in the field of Business with emphasis in marketing or entrepreneurship.
- Minimum 2 years’ professional work experience whose responsibilities would enable individual to demonstrate skills and job responsibilities described for this role.
- Solid knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Must be able to demonstrate a polished, professional, poised, and confident presence in all interactions while articulating messages in a clear, concise and enthusiastic manner.
- Strong attention to detail, following processes, accuracy and consistency with completing job responsibilities
- Problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Possesses the highest integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time, detail oriented, and works well under pressure.
- High level of resourcefulness, initiative, and good judgment setting priorities and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service orientation as well as presenting a professional, executive presence.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with high level of experience in the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Reader, and design tools.
- Willingness and ability to work in evenings, holidays and weekends to host sponsors during events.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.