Social Work Evaluator Field Liaison - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a Professional Counseling Student Supervisor for the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
Please note this is an immediate part-time role.
- Complete online Social Work Field Orientation Training (approx.1 hour) prior to start of position.
- Ability to travel to a site location in various locations and organize face-to-face and phone meetings with the field instructor and the assigned social work student.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with the cooperating clinic, hospital, school, community agency and/or private practice. Maintain effective communication with the cooperating field instructor, assigned social work student, and Office of Field Experience (OFE).
- Act as a resource person to the field instructor and the assigned social work student by providing additional sources of information and by having face-to-face and phone contact during the assigned field education course(s).
- Listen to the assigned student’s concerns regarding his/her field education experience and relate those concerns in the end of visit report.
- Act as a liaison between the field education site and the social work OFE.
- Provide information on the development and implementation of the assigned student’s future professional plans.
- Encourage responsibility and creativity in the social work practice experience.
- Monitor that both, the field instructor’s and student’s responsibilities (as established in the field education manual) are being honored.
- Provide knowledge about evaluation procedures.
- Create and maintain a professional, friendly relationship with the assigned social work student and the cooperating field instructor.
- File status reports after each meeting with the OFE.
- Review Learning Agreement with student and Field Instructor to confirm CSWE social work competency standards are addressed and met.
- Minimum of a Masters in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program AND currently licensed as Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) AND five years post-master’s social work practice experience AND experience in a field instructor or related role preferred.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.