Social Media: Events and Campaigns - Adjunct Faculty - Traditional Campus
Grand Canyon University is Arizona’s premier private Christian university.
Are you a social media professional who is passionate about social media and the effects social media platforms have on consumers and businesses? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for!
Start your instructor career with GCU and join our mission in helping others find their purpose. The College of Arts and Media offers exciting opportunities for adjunct faculty to teach part-time, face-to-face instruction at our Phoenix campus. We offer a program that prepares students to design, write and produce content for social media campaigns, events, social media communities and management.
Why Work at GCU:
- Education Benefits and Tuition Assistance
- Employee Perks and Discounts
- Gym and Fitness Center
- Canyon Health & Wellness Center
GCU Traditional Campus - Phoenix, AZ:
- Courses are in-person and on-campus for the Fall 2023 semester (09/05/2023 - 12/17/2023)
Degree Program Information:
Our Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Social Media degree focuses on developing the practical skills needed to design and produce digital social media content.
-- Click here for degree course list and course descriptions --
DSM-300: Social Media for Events, Entertainment, and Sports
DSM-320: Social Media Communities
DSM-400: Reputation Management
DSM-420: Social Media Campaigns
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate classroom lecture and discussions while incorporating innovative teaching strategies
- Engage students in cutting-edge technologies and industry trends
- Assess student performance and mentor classroom success to prepare them for their chosen career path
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelors (or higher) in Multi-Media Journalism, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Graphic Design, OR related area of study.
- At least 3 years experience in the industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of the design, creation, and production of social media for events, social communities, creative teams, and campaigns; adobe digital products
- Portfolio or Website Link:
- Work Project or Social Media Design Samples (Events/Entertainment, Campaigns, Public Relations, Social Media Strategy, Advertising/Marketing Strategy)
- Experience in written, visual, photography, and video content creation
- Experience with any software used for design, creation, and production of social media. Minimum Needed: Adobe Digital Products
If you are looking for a chance to empower and support students to gain design experience while building their portfolio, we want to hear from you!
#gcu #highered #faculty #phoenix #teaching