Shuttle Bus Driver
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a full time Shuttle Bus Driver. The Shuttle Bus Driver safely operates a shuttle bus and/or other passenger vehicles as licensed, to drive passengers over specified routes, or local distances, and/or occasionally longer-distance destinations in accordance with the time schedule.
- Performs and documents vehicle pre-trip interior and exterior inspections before operating vehicle at the start of the shift and reports any vehicle faults.
- Continuously observes all safety and security procedures and when necessary determines appropriate action beyond guidelines and immediately reports any potentially unsafe condition.
- Stays in constant communication via 2-way radio, headset, cellular phone or similar communications service with other drivers to coordinate passenger pick-up and unloading schedules.
- Provides friendly and courteous service at all times, particularly while transporting passengers, and ensures passengers are delivered to their destination within the time schedule allotted, no matter the weather, traffic or road conditions.
- Maintain trip logs which provide details such as passenger count, route details, etc.
- Observes all Arizona driving regulations and laws, policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year relevant work experience which includes operating a vehicle transporting passengers.
- Basic computer skill proficiency including MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include nights, weekends, holidays, special events and overtime.
- Valid and current Arizona commercial driver’s license, minimum Class C with passenger endorsement; ability to meet DMV vision requirements.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Current First Aid, CPR and/or AED certification is preferred.
- Must pass initial drug testing and random and/or post-accident drug testing throughout employment while employed in this classification.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.