Shift Manager - Canyon Pizza Co.
Grand Canyon University promotes lifelong learning and supports this by providing a Tuition Benefit Program that offers employees the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and a graduate degree at a reduced rate! Grand Canyon University offers a similar plan to qualifying dependents.
In addition, Grand Canyon University offers an exceptional service-based paid time off (PTO) program starting at 20 days per year. In addition, we also observe 11½ paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Shift Manager to work at the new restaurant, Canyon Pizza Co. The purpose of this position is to oversee daily store operations when on shift duty, maintain high store standards and conditions, and to foster a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service.
- Ensure through constant observation that team members are delivering excellent customer service and engaging customers to ensure repeat business.
- Ensures proper retail coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs; ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt team members and youth employment.
- Trains all team members on food preparation, food serving and customer service.
- Performs all operational tasks and serves as "shift expert"; able to prepare food, handle POS, and opening and closing procedures.
- Ensures all team members are trained in cash handling procedures.
- Trains all team members in food handling protocols.
- Trains all team members on safety.
- Recommends ideas for promotions, merchandising, special events, and utilization of retail space.
- Is the role model for outstanding customer service.
- Handles customer complaints to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all recipes are followed to ensure consistency in brand and optimization of inventoried supplies.
- Ensures all food and store wastage is handled according to all OSHA and Food Safety requirements.
- Follows appropriate product expiration handling and disposal.
- Monitors drink and food products for quality assurance.
- Ensures all retail team members are educated on products and services.
- Minimum of one year customer service experience in retail/hospitality operations, prefer team lead role.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings as needed to ensure adequate management coverage.
- Must obtain food handling card.
- Must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- Work frequently involves moving about retail store environment and store stock room/warehouse.
- Ability to learn and understand retail management principles and practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Entrepreneurial mentality with experience in a sales/customer service focused environment
- An individual who is detailed / action oriented and demonstrates high standards of integrity, trust, and ethics.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.