Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time Screen Printer Operator. The primary responsibility of this position is to perform the duties involved in screen printing. These duties include preparing screen printing stencils, mixing and loading ink, cleaning machine, troubleshooting technological problems and maintaining screen printing equipment. Also responsible for record keeping of work completed and job history.
- Check production equipment to ensure proper machine set up, registration, ink viscosity and color.
- Run, adjust and troubleshoot production equipment and machinery.
- Adjust machinery for optimum speed, registry and print quality.
- Repair, maintain and store production tooling and fixtures.
- Ensures that work is performed in a consistent manner that results in defect free products.
- Prepares product for transfer to next step in production process.
- Follows safety rules, policies and procedures as required.
- Observes silk screen and work piece to detect printing defects.
- Bolts framed silk screen onto machine and installs and adjusts work piece holding fixture, stops and guides.
- Cleans silk screen to prepare for next production usage.
- Verify the proper quantity has been printed before cleaning and breaking down for the next job.
- Embark on the multi-step process of screen making which includes screen stretching, screen selection, degreasing, film emulsion coating, exposure and wash out as well as cleaning and reclaiming after printing.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High School education required.
- Higher degree in art or graphic design preferred.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; pays close attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for several hours
- Ability to work as team member in a highly collaborative environment.
- Proactive with outstanding customer service skills and ability to represent Grand Canyon University professionally.
- Professional communication skills with a good command of the English language.
- Basic computer skills; must be able to utilize e-mail functionality for corresponding.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities and deadlines in a professional manner and work effectively while under stress.
- Must be reliable, responsible and take direction well.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.