Sales Account Manager
Canyon Promotions is a one-stop-shop for apparel, signage (large format graphics), and giveaways - we are a Grand Canyon University Enterprise. We pride ourselves with outstanding and fast service for our clients. Our team loves to work with all our departments on campus. And now we are ready to expand into external clients by hiring an entrepreneurial self-starting account manager.
As a company, we value imagination, individuality and giving our employees opportunities to explore, grow and shape our future. If you share our passion and values, we want to hear from you!
Our Account Manager responsibilities include growth, identification and development of new business by prospecting and presenting to new customers. Develop appropriate sales strategies to target specific clients. We are looking for growing our revenue for small to large sized customer accounts.
- Lead generation through initiating outbound efforts (call, text, email, LinkedIn) to prospects.
- Qualify prospects, gauge interest, and schedule sales calls.
- Assist in achieving or exceeding budgeted goals in sales.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Provide ongoing written and verbal communication throughout projects with both clients and internal support team.
- Handle challenges or obstacles with clients and/or vendors.
- Build brand equity and profitably increase the sales volume on all assigned brands.
- Identify opportunities to maintain and expand distribution on existing business and find unique opportunities for incremental sales and profit.
- Comply with all company policies, instructions, and directions for the fulfillment of company objective and to maximize profits from sales.
- Be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices; keep management informed as updates are known.
- Prepare weekly sales reports and expense reports as required.
- Prepare and submit special reports, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions, as may be requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proven track record of increasing sales or business opportunities.
- 5+ years’ experience B2B selling (Promotional / Screen Printing / Graphics industries preferred).
- Strong presentation skills with effective verbal and written communication abilities.
- Proven success as a self-starter, ability to work independently, and solve problems with a take-charge attitude and a strong customer centric mindset.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to adapt to changes and consistently balance competing demands.
- Experienced in Microsoft products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be computer savvy.
- Highly motivated and independent.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interact positively with diverse populations and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Strong problem-solving, organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to showcase Canyon Promotions product offerings.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.