Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
1. Responsible for overall management of restaurant operations (restaurant and events).
2. Ensure service staff provide exceptional customer service in all touch points with customers.
3. Monitor customer satisfaction through engagement with customers and interactions with staff; monitors and tests service skills of staff, retrains and reinforces all standards on food quality and service details.
4. Working quickly and independently to resolve operational issues when necessary, ensuring proper follow through and excellence in creating a memorable experience for students, faculty, staff and guests.
5. Ensure all food/beverage operations are adequately stocked and maintained to meet business volume
6. Ensure service areas are effectively cleaned and maintained to meet any regulatory inspection.
7. Report potential issues and obstacles of service operations and provide recommendations to general manager
8. Conduct weekly walk through of all food service areas to ensure sanitation, cleanliness and equipment is operational and functioning as designed, as well that all health, safety, and food handling/preparation guidelines are being followed.
9. Reinforce importance and adherence of employee conduct and dress guidelines with supervisor/staff.
10. Review labor costs on weekly basis against revenue; review trends and review weekly/monthly findings with General Manager; provide recommendations.
11. Review service coverage in all areas on weekly basis to ensure no labor cost overruns and adequate coverage to meet service standards; take corrective action as needed.
12. Order designated supplies/inventory as needed; reviews inventory against revenue to monitor wastage/excess usage, discuss trends with General Manager and take corrective action when needed.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- Prefer responsibility in daily close out/opening POS system and cash reconciliation.
- Ability to work with computer and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word.etc) in order to handle required administrative tasks, budgeting, reporting, etc.
Provide leadership and supervision to restaurant supervisor. Provides direct supervision to service staff when restaurant supervisor not on premises. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in restaurant/hotel food operations in supervisory position.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Hospitality Degree preferred
- ServSafe Management Certified
- Must be able to pass background check
- Sitting: 1-2 hours a day
- Standing: 5-7 hours a day
- Walking: 5-7 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Occasionally
- Pushing: Occasionally
- Bending: Occasionally
- Squatting: Occasionally
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Frequently
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Rarely
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.