Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What we are offering:
· The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus and online student population
What you will do:
- Responsible for overall management of restaurant staff and operations (restaurant and events).
- Ensure all food/beverage operations are adequately stocked and maintained to meet business volume
- Conduct weekly walk through of all food service areas to ensure sanitation, cleanliness and equipment is operational and functioning as designed, as well that all health, safety, and food handling/preparation guidelines are being followed.
- Review labor costs on weekly basis against revenue; review trends and review weekly/monthly findings with General Manager; provide recommendations.
- Review service coverage in all areas on weekly basis to ensure no labor cost overruns and adequate coverage to meet service standards; take corrective action as needed.
- Order designated supplies/inventory as needed; reviews inventory against revenue to monitor wastage/excess usage, discuss trends with General Manager and take corrective action when needed.
What you need:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in restaurant/hotel food operations in supervisory position.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Hospitality Degree preferred
- ServSafe Management Certified
- Ability to work with computer and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word.etc) in order to handle required administrative tasks, budgeting, reporting, etc.
- Must be able to pass background check
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms at all our office locations