Grand Canyon University promotes lifelong learning and supports this by providing a Tuition Benefit Program that offers employees the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and a graduate degree tuition free! Grand Canyon University offers a similar plan to qualifying dependents.
In addition, Grand Canyon University offers an exceptional service-based paid time off (PTO) program starting at 20 days per year. In addition, we also observe 11½ paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Grand Canyon University is seeking full time Restaurant Expeditors to work at the GCU Hotel and Restaurant in Phoenix. The purpose of this position is to ensure quality and proper presentation of food in a timely manner, while keeping the line stocked, clean, and safe. This person acts as a liaison between the kitchen and dining room staff, and needs to be comfortable dealing with both groups of people under stressful conditions.
- Makes sure the food line and service area are set up and broken down properly
- Organizes all food tickets that are rung in
- Ensures all food is plated within a timely manner and is consistent in presentation
- Organizes all orders to be handed off to servers
- Ensures accurate delivery of food to the correct position point
- Has knowledge of all menu items, their preparation, and ingredients
- Assists server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods
- Fills in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Reads tickets and ensures all prepared plating meets SOP standards for presentation and delivery within specified time limits (8-10 minutes at lunch; 10-12 minutes at dinner).
- Ability to ensure proper presentation of food according to SOP/Recipe guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in various knife-cutting techniques, such as cutting, dicing and slicing
- Utilizes refined skill and knowledge in the preparation of garnishes
- Possesses a strong knowledge of pantry positions
- Shows a strong knowledge of food safety with critical control temperatures, danger zones, cross contamination, sanitization, food borne illness, toxins and chemical poisoning
- Ability to learn the structure and function of all hotel departments, facilities, rooms, activities, services and hours of operation of hotel.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in similar position within an upscale restaurant environment is preferred
- Previous restaurant serving experience preferred
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, which may include early morning, evenings, weekends and holidays; a rotating schedule will apply.
- Must be able to obtain Maricopa County Food Handler’s Card at one’s own expense prior to beginning of employment.
- Must have work authorization documents for United States
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon university
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.