Residential HVAC Technician
GCU is hiring a Residential HVAC Technician!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Inspects and measures building to determine airflow requirements.
- Plans and draws layout and dimensions of duct work.
- Obtains price quotations on materials and purchases materials such as sheet metal, compressors, and fans, from suppliers and tests equipment to verify that equipment is functioning.
- Schedules heating/air conditioning installation assignments.
- Examines installed heating/air conditioning systems to verify that system is functioning.
- Attends classes and seminars (classroom or online) on HVAC components and system design to update skills.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Perform routine maintenance on residential and commercial systems.
- Repairing/replacing system components, as needed.
- On-call, 24/7 for HVAC duties.
- Part of a rotating list of on-call personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Effective in installing and troubleshooting heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units.
- Adept at balancing air and ware treatment systems in accordance with HVAC protocols
- Core understanding of determining causes of malfunctions and correcting them properly
- Strong background in reading and interpreting instructions and safety procedures associated with HVAC processes.
- Highly experienced in handling electronic and mechanical systems effectively
- Well versed in installing and repairing pumps, motors, fan coils and piping
- Knowledge and ability to perform preventative and general maintenance tasks on HVAC systems.
- Solid knowledge of using hand and power tools
- Must have the physical skills and endurance to move about campus and the buildings in order to fulfill daily maintenance tasks and activities.
- Must be familiar with, and follow, safety requirements and precautions.
- Must be able to present professional demeanor in all interactions.
- Good communications skills with a good command of the English language
- Willing to respond to emergency requests outside of normal work hours.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, or extended hours as needed.
- Must have own transportation to be able to transport to all buildings if company transportation not available.
- Must have own tools.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2 years' HVAC maintenance experience.
- Available for on-call and rotating schedule.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- HVAC technical certification preferred.