Residential HVAC Technician
Grand Canyon University is seeking a HVAC Technician for the installation, repairs, and overhauls of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration equipment.
The schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00am - 6:00pm.
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Inspects and measures building to determine airflow requirements.
- Plans and draws layout and dimensions of duct work.
- Obtains price quotations on materials and purchases materials such as sheet metal, compressors, and fans, from suppliers and tests equipment to verify that equipment is functioning.
- Schedules heating/air conditioning installation assignments.
- Examines installed heating/air conditioning systems to verify that system is functioning.
- Attends classes and seminars (classroom or online) on HVAC components and system design to update skills.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Perform routine maintenance on residential and commercial systems.
- Repairing/replacing system components, as needed.
- On-call, 24/7 for HVAC duties; part of a rotating list of on-call personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible HVAC or refrigeration equipment installation, maintenance and repair experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Refrigerant-handling certification at the Universal level.
- Solid knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration.
- Solid knowledge of repair, maintenance and installation techniques.
- Skill in analyzing HVAC or refrigeration malfunctions from performance and test equipment readings and determining and performing appropriate repairs.
- Must have all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Available for on-call and rotating schedule.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.