Residential HVAC Technician
Grand Canyon University is seeking a HVAC Technician for the installation, repairs, and overhauls of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration equipment.
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Inspects and measures building to determine airflow requirements.
- Plans and draws layout and dimensions of duct work.
- Obtains price quotations on materials and purchases materials such as sheet metal, compressors, and fans, from suppliers and tests equipment to verify that equipment is functioning.
- Schedules heating/air conditioning installation assignments.
- Examines installed heating/air conditioning systems to verify that system is functioning.
- Attends classes and seminars (classroom or online) on HVAC components and system design to update skills.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Perform routine maintenance on residential and commercial systems.
- Repairing/replacing system components, as needed.
- On-call, 24/7 for HVAC duties; part of a rotating list of on-call personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible HVAC or refrigeration equipment installation, maintenance and repair experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Refrigerant-handling certification at the Universal level.
- Solid knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration.
- Solid knowledge of repair, maintenance and installation techniques.
- Skill in analyzing HVAC or refrigeration malfunctions from performance and test equipment readings and determining and performing appropriate repairs.
- Must have all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Available for on-call and rotating schedule.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.