Reporting and Newswriting - Adjunct Faculty - Online (Remote) - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences employs faculty and faculty leaders who are passionate about engaging and mentoring students. Our faculty are energetic advisors who are committed to helping our students grow academically, spiritually, and personally. They are experts in their respective fields, in addition to being passionate educators and collaborators who help enhance the college experience for all students.
If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Why Work at GCU:
- Tuition benefits specifically for the adjunct employee
- Employee Perks and Discounts
Course: Reporting and Newswriting
In this course, students learn the fundamentals of writing breaking news and feature stories. Learners acquire the skills to understand the foundations of journalistic history, ethics and Associated Press style. Students originate, research and write news stories. Through readings, discussion, and attention to accuracy, students learn how to exercise these skills wisely in new media.
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate weekly main discussion forums to engage students in the online classroom
- Adhere to weekly grading requirements, deadlines, and timeframes
- Respond to students’ questions and emails within the established timeframes
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What you need:
- Master’s in English with an emphasis in Professional Writing or Master’s in any field with 18 graduate credits in:
- Rhetoric OR
- 3-5 years of experience as a reporter or editor
Before submitting your application, please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcript reflecting degree earned with 18 graduate credit hours in the areas listed above
#gcu #highered #faculty #remote #writer
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000048062