Remote Faculty - Medical Surgical/Critical Care Course Lead
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Course Lead Faculty
· Teach online undergraduate courses within the requisite discipline meeting the required course load requirements.
· Develop and provide instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in the requisite discipline of educational instruction.
· Stimulate class discussions and foster and encourage an online culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, lifelong learning, diversity, and ethics as well as personal and professional development.
· Provide qualitative, holistic feedback to support the numerical score awarded for assignments.
· Compile administer and grade examinations, complete exam reviews/analysis, assignments, discussion forums, and participation meeting prescribed deadlines.
· Incorporate relevant research resources and experiential activities to support course objectives, course content, and learning outcomes.
· Assist students outside of the classroom hours and actively mentor students which may include additional sessions for student success
· Develop and administer forward thinking short- and long-term learning plans for students’ development and growth
· Assess student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
· Assist with curriculum design and development; be a sound advocate for change to programs, curriculum and teaching methodologies/pedagogies.
· Engage regularly in professional development activities
· Participate actively in college or university committees for advancing the overall educational mission of the university.
· Foster and promote diversity and collegiality among faculty, students and staff.
· Provide leadership and mentorship to adjunct faculty; responsible for orientation of adjunct faculty; evaluate teaching effectiveness of adjunct faculty.
· Maintain compliance with all college and University policies and program accreditation/licensure requirements.
· Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred.
· 2 years of direct patient care nursing experience in a Medical Surgical and or Critical Care setting
· Unencumbered, active, and current RN Licensure in Arizona, Utah, Nevada or compact state required.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
· Academic teaching experience preferred.
· Must successfully pass a drug test.
· Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.