Registered Nurse - Health Center
Grand Canyon University’s Canyon Health and Wellness Clinic is seeking a full time Registered Nurse for the Canyon Health and Wellness Center. Working independently, the Registered Nurse provides advanced practice nursing or physician assistant level for patients through medical consultations, history and physical examinations and medical medication assessment. Consults with patients who may be students, faculty or staff and assesses, diagnoses, orders lab tests, prescribes medication, treats or refers patients to more urgent medical care, handles telephone triage, assists with preventive services, and follow-up care. Staffs the Canyon Health and Wellness Center during assigned days and times.
- Evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients by providing medical consultations, completion of history and physical examinations, heath teaching and/or prescribing medication.
- Prescribes medication and consistently utilizes the nursing process to provide quality patient care.
- Revises medication and nursing care plans as needed in conjunction with treatment planning goals.
- Follows the Canyon Health and Wellness nursing policies and procedures in prescribing medications and treatments.
- Documents medications and treatments in patient charts.
- Documents treatment plans as well as any changes to the treatment plan in the patient chart.
- Documents on patient progress notes and maintains up to date records as needed.
- Communicates any treatment related information as needed.
- May refer patients to physicians for consultations or specialized health resources for treatment.
- Assists with and participates in outreach programs and events.
- May assist in arranging on-site emergency medical personnel for various University events.
- Ensures licensing, certifications and other credentials are kept current and up to date.
- Current R.N. AZ nursing license is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable of human anatomy, human systems, medical interactions and drug therapies.
- Patient focused with excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding analytical, decision making and problem solving skills and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to accurately diagnose patients and prescribe correct treatment.
- Strong research skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including electronic/digital medical records software systems.
- Phlebotomy skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and emotional stability during periods of high stress.
- Subscribes to continuous learning, maintains current knowledge of trends and updates in the medical field.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.