Reference Librarian - Part-Time
Grand Canyon University is seeking a part-time Reference Librarian. The schedule for this part-time position is Monday, 8am-1pm and Wednesday through Friday, 5:00pm-10:00pm. This is a Phoenix-based work from home position.
- Provide on-demand individualized reference assistance to students, staff, and faculty in a high-volume customer service environment.
- Promote library resources and services to the University community.
- Maintain awareness of technology and tools used in academic research.
- Maintain familiarity with scholarly communications for teaching, learning, and research.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to share best practices.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
- Position may require evening and weekend hours.
- American Library Association accredited master's degree in Library Science or current enrollment required in an American Library Association accredited master's degree program in library or information science.
- Professional experience in an academic library preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to assist others in the use of personal computers
- Must work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.