Reference & Instruction Librarian
Phoenix metro area in-person position with potential work from home option one day a week dependent on schedule needs. This schedule for this position is: Sunday 9:30am-6pm, Monday-Wednesday 2-10:30pm, Thursday 11:45am-8:15pm
- Provide on-demand individualized reference assistance to students, staff, and faculty in a high-volume customer service environment.
- Design and delivers group and individual instruction ranging from general information literacy sessions and library orientations to advanced subject-specific class sessions to teach how to find, use, and evaluate information.
- Develop expected learning outcomes for library instruction sessions that align with professional standards and pedagogical practices.
- Promote library resources and services to the University community.
- Participate in activities of professional organizations and keeps abreast of library trends in the professional literature.
- Maintain awareness of technology and tools used in academic research.
- Maintain familiarity with scholarly communications for teaching, learning, and research.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to share best practices.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
- American Library Association accredited Master’s degree in library or information science
- Professional experience in an academic library preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to assist others in the use of personal computers
- Experience teaching students with diverse backgrounds and varying levels of proficiency
- Position may require evening and weekend hours.
- Must pass pre-employment background check