Reference & Instruction Librarian
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Reference & Instruction Librarian, reporting to the Reference & Instruction Manager, provides high quality, customer-focused reference services and information literacy instruction to students, staff, and faculty while supporting the continuous improvement of instructional practices that impact student learning.
Positions are in-person on the Phoenix campus with potential work from home options one day a week dependent on schedule needs. The following schedules are available:
- Tuesday through Friday 6:45am-3:15pm and Saturday 9:30am-6pm
- Tuesday through Friday 11am-8pm and Saturday 9:30am-6pm
- Sunday 9:30am-6pm and Monday through Thursday 11am-8pm
- Friday through Tuesday 1:30pm-10:30pm
- Provide on-demand individualized reference assistance to students, staff, and faculty in a high-volume customer service environment.
- Design and delivers group and individual instruction ranging from general information literacy sessions and library orientations to advanced subject-specific class sessions to teach how to find, use, and evaluate information.
- Develop expected learning outcomes for library instruction sessions that align with professional standards and pedagogical practices.
- Promote library resources and services to the University community.
- Participate in activities of professional organizations and keeps abreast of library trends in the professional literature.
- Maintain awareness of technology and tools used in academic research.
- Maintain familiarity with scholarly communications for teaching, learning, and research.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to share best practices.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
- American Library Association accredited Master’s degree in library or information science
- Professional experience in an academic library preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to assist others in the use of personal computers
- Experience teaching students with diverse backgrounds and varying levels of proficiency
- Position may require evening and weekend hours.
- Must pass pre-employment background check