PT FNP Faculty
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a part time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at our campus in Phoenix, AZ. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a part time Faculty for the FNP Program. Target start is immediate and please note, this position is a ground or remote position.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include:
- Ensures educational needs of the students and community are met.
- Administers the program according to the mission, strategic plan, policies, procedures and agreements of the institution.
- Ensures compliance with state and national accreditation standards.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, i.e. BON and Current National Board Certification with AANP or ANCC.
- Serves as liaison for GCU and other significant community stakeholders.
- Ensures timely communication and information to all stakeholders.
- Attends sessions to facilitate communication and problem resolution between students and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions.
- Communicates student issues to the appropriate University department for resolution.
- Conducts follow-up call with University departments to ensure problem closure.
- Assists with Curriculum revisions
- 20 hour work week, which includes 16 hours of physical presence on campus.
- Teach 2-3 courses per 16 week semester (50-75 students)- this includes one ground cohort section if needed per semester.
- Facilitate 6 out of the 12 yearly on campus clinical experiences.
- Attend monthly faculty and program curriculum meetings via face to face or virtual.
- Physical presence on campus for two 8 hour days/week.
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice preferred; MSN required.
- Current, unencumbered, RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- Current, unencumbered Arizona APRN certificate.
- Must hold and maintain active National Certification as an ACNP or AGACNP.
- Preferred 2 years work experience in a university setting with Advanced Practice Registered Nursing programs.
- Required two years of APRN clinical experience if teaching in the clinical portion of the program.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.