Program Manager, Pre-Nursing
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a Program Manager, Pre-Nursing.
The Program Manager, Pre-Nursing is a full-time staff position, responsible to lead, plan, organize, and oversee all program data management as it relates to student, faculty, and program success for the Pre-Nursing program. The Program Manager will communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, provide strategic recommendations, and co-manage the Pre-Nursing program with other academic leaders
Target Hire: June 2023
Location: Main Campus, 33rd and Camelback, Phoenix
Schedule: Onsite Monday through Friday
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What you will do:
- Program Management: Coordinates and manages all operational aspects of the Pre-Nursing program to achieve stated goals. Identify program success goals, objectives, and scope to create effective project plans that outline the tasks, timelines, and resources required. Assist as needed to draft program policy and process guidelines. Performance evaluation of final projects and ensuring satisfaction of intended outcomes with all applicable stakeholders.
- Communication: Clearly establish project expectations and deadlines, identify potential risks or challenges, construct comprehensive project plans, and articulate responsibilities/duties to members directly involved with the project. Closely monitor the progress of projects and keep stakeholders updated. Collaborate across departments/colleges to strategically drive change & growth. Serve as the key liaison with programmatic issues and informs college/university administration as appropriate.
- Problem Solving: Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve program issues. Effectively communicate & strategize with applicable stakeholders to collaborate on effective resolutions in a timely manner. May act as primary contact for student and program issues and is responsible for coordinating the resolution of issues at the college level within a reasonable time period.
- Academic Research/Data Reporting: Coordinate and organize program data collection. Perform data analysis and clearly communicate outcomes to stakeholders. Develop and prepare required reports and presentations to facilitate decision making. Track all program data (e.g., student withdrawals, failures, faculty assignments, etc.) Assist faculty and college/university administration with creating improvement plans to enhance student and faculty success.
What you need:
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a relatable field preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of relevant work experience, preferably in a role requiring project management and/or a relatable role within higher education. Minimum of experience in successful project management and/or coursework in project management.
- Certification: PMP certification preferred
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047620