Program Director - CONHCP - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an immediate opening at our campus in Phoenix, AZ for a full-time Program Director for the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program.
This position will be located on ground at the Phoenix campus.
What we are offering:
Full Time 12-month faculty role
The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Participate in curriculum integrity, development, implementation, evaluation, and revision concerns
- Attend and actively participate in college-wide curriculum, Design, and Development meetings
- Organize and lead program curriculum meetings
- Analyze program data to make data driven decisions in collaboration with the supervising administrator
- Develop and implement action plans
What you need:
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred or pursing
- Unencumbered, active, and current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required
- Board certified as an PMHNP
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications.)
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program of up to 100% of tuition costs
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.