Program Coordinator - Social Work
Grand Canyon University's College of Humanities and Social Sciences is seeking a Social Work Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the Social Work programs. This position reports to the Program Director.
- Coordinates all aspects associated with the Social Work programs.
- Assists in the coordination of Internship components of the Social Work programs e.g., ensuring all internships meet program qualifications.
- Generates training materials for adjunct faculty and internship evaluators.
- Assists with CSWE accreditation and compliance issues as it relates to formal documents and self-study.
- Supports adherence to CSWE standards and competencies. Works collaboratively with other university departments involved in the Social Work programs.
- Serves on the Social Work programs Admission’s Committee.
- Coordinates the schedule for Social Work events and space in various campus buildings for events.
- Attends meetings and takes notes as necessary (Faculty meetings, Admission’s meetings, etc.).
- Assists the administrative team with specific projects, initiatives and other duties as needed.
- May provide daily oversight of student workers.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or behavioral health field AND at least one-year of experience in a behavioral health position.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Social Work AND an independent license in social work AND at least one-year of experience in the social work field.
- Knowledge of planning and organizational practices to ensure smooth operations and to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working independently without direction or oversight.
- Meticulous with a keen attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Outstanding communications skills, including verbal and written with a good command of the English language.
- Good relationship management skills and ability to work cohesively in a team environment requiring good social and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work simultaneously on multiple projects of varying sizes and detail requirement.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities, rolling deadlines and a fast-paced environment effectively.
- Must be willing to work when necessary beyond normal business hours which may include evenings, weekends or holidays.
- An attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy with ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, responsibilities, sources of information simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to cope effectively with changing priorities and interpret ambiguous information or direction.
- Computer proficient with MS Office, internet, email and database software including ability to operate a keyboard and manipulate data; and a familiarity with office machines.
- Ability to establish and maintain recordkeeping/databases systems, retrieve information and prepare reports, graphs, charts and metrics.
- Ability to plan and coordinate event, meeting and conference details.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality or sensitivity of information contained in databases or records.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.