Prep Cook / Dishwasher
- Washing dishes, utensils, glassware and equipment by hand or through appropriate use of dishwashing machinery.
- Checking all dishes and utensils are clean and dry and storing in designated places.
- Cleaning and draining the dishwasher machine, and confirm arms are clean. Dirty water may need to be changed every hour.
- Learning the use of and proper use of cleaning chemicals and soaps.
- Maintains cleanliness of the restaurant and kitchen areas.
- Sweeping and mopping the floors.
- Power washing or hosing out garbage cans.
- Polishing of stainless steel.
- Wiping down walls and tiles.
- If necessary, hosing down floor mats.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the employee locker area, janitors closet and staff restrooms.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the outside area of food service operations.
- Loads and unloads supplies and / or other equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Complies with occupational, health, and safety standards.
- Follows appropriate procedure of food prep and cooking, size of portions and garnishing of food according to the food service standards set by the restaurant management.
- Sets up workstation based on proper pars as established by Kitchen Manager or Chef and by following station set up sheets.
- Ensures foods are stored and checks refrigeration/storage visual temperature gauges for proper holding temperatures.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience in working as part of kitchen food preparation team.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed; rotating schedule will apply.
- Must be able to obtain Maricopa Food Handler’s Card at own expense prior to beginning employment.
- Must have work authorization documents for United States.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English fluently.
- Ability to take direction, be calm and work under pressure in high volume, peak times
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Ability to follow all OSHA and food handling procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.