Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Full Time)
- Complies with occupational, health, and safety standards
- Operates and maintains the dishwashing machine so that clean supplies are readily available for service.
- Washing dishes, utensils, glassware and equipment
- Scraping food from dirty dishes and washing them by hand or placing them in racks or on conveyer to dishwashing machine.
- Checking all dishes and utensils are clean and dry before they are put away
- Cleaning and draining the dishwasher machine, and confirm arms are clean. Dirty water may need to be changed every hour.
- Informing supervisory personnel if dish machine is not operating properly.
- Learning the use of and proper use of cleaning chemicals and soaps
- Maintains cleanliness of the restaurant and kitchen areas
- Sweeping and mopping the floors
- Power washing or hosing out garbage cans
- Polishing of stainless steel
- Wiping down walls and tiles
- If necessary, hosing down floor mats
- Putting away dishes, glasses, trays, pots, pans and utensils
- Maintains the cleanliness of the employee locker area, janitors closet and staff restrooms
- Maintains the cleanliness of the outside area of food service operations
- Helps collect and dispose of garbage
- Assists in the transferring of supplies and equipment between storage and work areas
- Loads and unloads supplies and / or other equipment as directed by supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, early morning, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify potential problems/issues especially during high volume/demand.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills; must be proficient in reading and writing within the English language.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Able to use fire extinguishers and any other emergency equipment needed to ensure personal and guest safety.
- Must be fluent in English with the ability to read and write.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.