Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Plumber to work full-time, Tuesday thru Saturday 10:00am to 8:00pm. This position assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems to maintain University property.
- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
- Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
- Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings.
- Cuts and threads pipe.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic.
- Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints.
- Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Welds holding fixtures to steel structural members.
- Part of rotating lit of on-call personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires 5 years’ plumbing industry experience.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Frequently involves pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, holding, carrying, reaching, reaching above the shoulders, stooping, bending at the waist, bending at the knees, kneeling, bending side to side, crouching, standing on step stools or small ladders and balancing.
- This position requires safe use of power tools and mechanical equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have a vehicle.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be willing to travel to other GCU facilities.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.