- Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
- Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
- Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings.
- Cuts and threads pipe.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic.
- Joins pipes by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints.
- Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
- Repairs and maintains plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains.
- Welds holding fixtures to steel structural members.
- Part of rotating lit of on-call personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires 5 years of plumbing industry experience.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Frequently involves pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, holding, carrying, reaching, reaching above the shoulders, stooping, bending at the waist, bending at the knees, kneeling, bending side to side, crouching, standing on step stools or small ladders and balancing.
- This position requires safe use of power tools and mechanical equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have a vehicle.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be willing to travel to other GCU facilities.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.