Pediatrics Lab / Clinical Nursing Faculty
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The GCU College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an Immediate opening for a Full-Time Pediatric Lab/Clinical Nursing Faculty member. As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide indirect and direct support in the development and provision of clinical instruction and student evaluation incorporating current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual’s teaching assignment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the home base for this position is located at the Tucson, AZ. However, this position requires travel daily within the greater Tucson area to directly observe student performance when scheduled for clinical rotations.
Location: 3500 N Campbell Ave., Tucson, AZ
Schedule: Standard Business Hours; M-F, 8-5; Clinical Rotation TBD
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What we are offering:
- 12-month faculty role teaching undergraduate students
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Reinforce didactic content and teach in the context of the clinical and lab application of knowledge and skills related to pre licensure Nursing
- Collaborate with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical and lab objectives
- Participate in grading written and Clinical/Lab performance check-offs
- Preserve lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings
- Remain current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintain compliance with requirements for program accreditation
- Upholds the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University
- Requires travel to student clinical sites to directly observe student performance
What you need:
- Master’s degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred
- 2 years of direct patient care in Pediatrics
- Unencumbered, active, and current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required
- Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level preferred
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g., membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications).
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
#Teach #faculty #clinical #pediatrics #nurse #nursing
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000046134