Orientation & Transition Coordinator
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Orientation & Transition Specialist to join our team! This position is responsible for the coordination and oversight of assigned events, programs, and activities which fall under the auspice of the Office of Welcome Programs.
- Coordinate events, initiatives, and programs to engage incoming students and assist them in preparing for campus life.
- Coordinate event logistics and programming for large initiatives including New Student Orientation, Orientation Groups, Spring Welcome, and Parent & Family Orientation.
- Facilitate collaborative efforts with campus partners through routine meetings and presentations.
- Provide support for student move-in and move-out, and other university programs as needed.
- Assist in recruiting, training, advising, and mentoring student leader group. Execute the logistics of leadership development for these students, which may involve facilitating/participating in the activities.
- Collect data through a variety of means (e.g., interviews, surveys) to provide feedback for management in assessing the effectiveness of student leadership activities.
- Provide ongoing programmatic recommendations to improve/upgrade programs through active efforts of maintaining awareness of current trends in student development, university orientation and learning programs, and cultural engagement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution.
- 1-year experience in event-planning role which requires high volume contact with customers, preferably in an education setting, interacting with students and parents.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work varying schedules including evenings, holidays, and weekends when necessary.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.