Online Full Time Faculty - Clinical Mental Health
Grand Canyon University’s Online Instruction Department is seeking Full-Time Faculty candidates to teach courses in our Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health program. This is an e-learning, remote position.
- Teaches one or more content specific courses within prescribed curriculum.
- Prepares and delivers competency-based online instruction by providing theory and practice education. Instructs and facilitates a meaningful learning experience of the core competencies within the curriculum.
- Ensures learning objectives are met using methods within the e-learning modality.
- Through e-learning modality students in counseling programs meet and work closely with the core faculty.
- Collaborates and offers recommendations to counseling program leads on curriculum related matters.
- Partners with Enrollment, Academic and Finance counselors to provide academic support to students.
- Stimulates class discussions and fosters and encourages an online culture of learning that values mutual respect, academic responsibility, life-long learning, diversity and ethics, as well as personal and professional development.
- Administers and grades student assessments.
- Provides substantive, holistic feedback to support the numerical score awarded for assignments and assessments.
- Demonstrates effective written communication skills (i.e. clarity, spelling, grammar), and an overall professional and respectful tone in communications with students in the e-learning environment.
- Support student learning through multiple delivery methods, including phone calls and emails.
- Contributes to a culture of learning.
- Supports adherence to CACREP standards and policies.
- Serves on program specific committees.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- Maintain an active license.
- Maintain an active membership to a recognized professional counseling association (American School Counseling Association, ASCA preferred).
- Show evidence of advocacy/professional service, research or scholarly activities in counseling.
- Have outstanding communication skills and the ability to successfully adapt to an e-learning environment.
- Be willing to work in an accelerated learning format, and work in an e-learning environment with students on a daily basis.
- Provide 24-hour turnaround responses to student questions and concerns.
- Role model the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Education and Experience:
- Doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision preferably from a CACREP-accredited program, AND holds a current independent license in the field of counseling , AND has experience conducting research or scholarly related activities.
- Doctoral degree in a related field (clinical/counseling psychology, marriage and family therapy, behavioral or mental health, or substance abuse counseling), AND at least one academic year as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program before July 1, 2013, AND holds a current independent license in the field of counseling, AND has experience in conducting research or scholarly related activities.