Nutritional Science Full Time Faculty
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of a growing college of science, technology, and engineering with a teaching-focused mission? Are you an industry expert who wants to share your expertise as a Nutritional Science expert with undergraduate students? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for.
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Nutritional Science Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology. Through hands-on, project-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It features programs in Biology, Forensic Science, Chemistry, Environmental Science, and Exercise Science, alongside degrees in Technology and Engineering. Please attach a complete CV and a 1-3 page Teaching Statement. Your Teaching Statement must include a brief summary of the coursework you are prepared to teach and your experience with such, and a description of your experience and vision regarding the teaching and mentorship of students from diverse backgrounds.
Targeted Start Date: August 2023
Location: Main Campus, 33rd and Camelback
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus and student population
- 9 month faculty role teaching
- Projected start date - August 2023??
What you will do:
- Cultivate a supportive classroom environment, provide for the mentorship of our highly-diverse student body, and have the opportunity to participate in faculty-driven research projects coupled to undergraduate student training.
- Equip students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
- Assisting students outside classroom hours.
- Participation in curriculum design & development.
- Assisting the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University.
- Providing leadership to adjunct faculty
- Active engagement in professional development activities?
What you need:
- Master's degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, or closely-related field.
- Be credentialed as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Have a minimum of three years professional experience post credentialing.
- Maintain credentials by completing required continuing competence and ongoing professional development.
- One year of instructional experience at the post-secondary level.
- Familiarity with web-enhanced instructional tools such as Angel/Blackboard/Loudcloud/Halo.
- Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, self-motivation, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047192