What will you create today? At Grand Canyon University our team creates tomorrow’s educators, nurses, business leaders, musicians and much more through their dedication to our students. The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions provides indirect and direct support in the development and provision of clinical instruction and student evaluation incorporating current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual’s teaching assignment.
Grand Canyon University has an opening for a Part-Time Nursing Tutor, and we invite applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge with our Nursing students.
The Nursing Tutor will provide content area tutoring services to pre-licensure nursing students.
Please note, the home base for this position is located at the Tucson, AZ site.
- Provide academic support to students by providing course content clarity on difficult concepts, answering course content questions, and reviewing best practices in study skills.
- Assist students with learning in a variety of content areas to include pathophysiology, pharmacology, fundamental nursing knowledge, and other undergraduate nursing courses as needed.
- Knowledgeable in pre-licensure nursing program learning outcomes.
- Provide consistent guidance to students that align with course content and outcomes.
- Provide feedback to faculty for student success.
- Meet with students on a regular basis to monitor utilization of remediation strategies.
- Coach students in test taking skills and in the preparation for all course exams.
- Maintain documentation of student remediation plans, processes and success.
- Preserve lines of communication with program faculty and director including attendance in select faculty meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred; BSN required.
- 3 years of recent nursing experience required.
- 2 years of experience providing support to others in precepting, tutoring, training, instruction, advising academic support services or classroom instruction preferred.
- Active, current, and unencumbered Arizona or multi-state RN Licensure required.
- Ability to use different teaching methods and to transmit information in a manner which is accessible and comprehensible to students.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to effectively mentor, tutor, and guide students.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.